Sunday, May 30, 2004



National Anthem

So I started out channel surfing between TV2's National Anthem and the movie on channel 3. National Anthem showed promise, Zed had a go and they even dusted off the Verlaines. But when I flicked over and found they had dragged out Paul Ubana Jones and the Top Twins to really get the kids rocking, I flagged it. I'd rather watch some guy wanking into a tube sock than watch the Top Twins (carefully checks paragraph to see that he wrote "than" and not "while").

I disagreed with the whole idea of the thing to start with... we should be having, what was essentially a telethon, for worthy causes... like feeding the world's poor, curing cancer or unseating George Bush in November... not for something like this.

When you think about it, it is the recording industry who will benefit from any new talent that develops from this exercise... and they certainly don't need our charity.

0 comments: