Thursday, December 01, 2005



An empty promise

Blairwatch has been closely following the story of the "Al Jazeera memo" (in which President Bush threatened to bomb Al-Jazeera HQ in Doha) and the related prosecutions under the Official Secrets Act. They're also encouraging bloggers to join Conservative MP Boris Johnson in promising to publish the memo if sent a copy. So, what the hell: I'll do it. If someone sends me a copy of the Al Jazeera memo, I'll publish it. Unlike Johnson and UK-based bloggers, though, I am unlikely to be risking jail by doing so. Being in New Zealand, at the arse-end of the globe, provides a certain amount of insulation from British law. So it's a rather less courageous promise than theirs...

Update: There's also a pledge running at PledgeBank...

2 comments:

This isn't the arse end of the globe - Britain is. Trust me, I'm an Englishman!

Posted by Anonymous : 12/01/2005 02:11:00 AM

Your right - this information shouldn't be hidden (although it should be properly contexted).

Posted by Genius : 12/01/2005 07:04:00 AM