Wednesday, December 15, 2010



Parliament wraps up

Parliament is sitting for the last time this year today. The general debate has been cancelled, and permission granted for the House to sit beyond 18:00 (meaning into the normal dinner break) to let them get through the electoral and MMP referendum bills and a motion setting a sitting program for the year. And after that, they all go home, and the holiday "silly season" (in which there is no real news) begins.

Unlike MPs, I won't be taking a holiday. At the same time, the fact that our political structure is off enjoying the sun means I won't have as much to blog about. So, things will get a bit quieter around here for a while. I'll keep trying to make my five post a day quota, but if there's less than that happening, I won't be resorting to cat-blogging just to fill the space.